Thursday, March 22, 2012

Now where was I?


It’s been some time since I’ve posted anything but now I think I’ll be able to start up again.  It’s been an interesting stretch and I hope things are finally settling down.
The real estate business has really picked up from where I sit.  It looks like we’re already into our spring season already although it’s only March.  In fact we could have said that in February.  Sales volume is up in many communities.  Unfortunately, for sellers, prices haven’t quite caught up yet.  I wish I had a crystal ball telling me if and when they will. 
Advise for the home seller.  Take your agents advice, they know what they’re doing and they’re seeing exactly what’s happening in the market.  They see comparable homes, how homes that sell are decorated or staged, they should have a good objective view on prices.  Many times they have the connections to bring qualified buyers to the table.
For buyers, interest rates are still low but I wouldn’t push my luck and wait too long.  Homes priced correctly are selling quickly.  My advice is that if you like it, can afford it but can’t decide, make the offer before you lose it.  If you like it you can be sure someone else probably does too.  There is no such thing as the perfect house. 
Now that I’ve broken the ice let me share a link with you that should make you really think about what’s important for all of our futures. 
http://waterday.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment